Travel Agenda: World Ski and Snowboard festival; Palais de Tokyo; San Giorgio hotel
Friday 13 April 2012
Tomorrow: The World Ski and Snowboard festival is under way in the Canadian resort of Whistler, with freelate-night music events, art and fashion exhibitions, and extreme sports bringing the season to a jubilant close until 22 April (wssf.com).
Next week: If you're in Paris on Friday, the Palais de Tokyo contemporary art museum, pictured, is due to reopen following a 10-month renovation, with extended exhibition space, concert halls and four new cinemas just across the Seine from the Eiffel Tower (palaisdetokyo.com).
In the diary: And, as one door closes, another door opens... Design Hotels shuts its maiden pop-up retreat, the Papaya Playa in Tulum, Mexico on 5 May. Shortly after, the San Giorgio – a second short-term hotel on the Greek island of Mykonos – will start welcoming guests from 11 May to 7 October. Bookings have now opened, with B&B doubles from €150 (designhotels.com; or sangiorgio-mykonoshotel.com).
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 3 Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims
- 4 EDL marches on Newcastle as attacks on Muslims increase tenfold in the wake of Woolwich machete attack which killed Drummer Lee Rigby
- 5 Farewell, Shameless. Your heirs have work to do
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.