World's funniest airport names revealed
Thursday 18 June 2009
From Batman to Brest, Fukui to Fort Dix, Skyscanner has scoured its database of over 10,000 airports and picked the funniest airport names in the world.
1. Batman Airport (BAL) Turkey
2. Useless Loop Airport (USL), Australia
3. Black Tickle Airport (YBI), Canada
4. Beaver Creek Airport (YXP), Canada
5. Moron Airport (OZP), Spain
6. Ogle Airport (OGL), Guyana
8. Eek Airport (EEK), USA
9. Pickle Lake Airport (YPJ), Canada
10. Deadhorse Airport (SCC), USA
The rudest (warning - language may offend):
1. Fukui Airport (FKJ), Japan
2. Pratt Airport (PTT), USA
3. Ponce Airport (PSE), Puerto Rico
4. Fort Dix Airport (WRI), USA
5. Gaylord Airport (GLR), USA
6. Fak Fak Airport (FKQ), Indonesia
7. Brest Airport (BES), France
8. Dang Airport (DNP), Nepal
9. Shafter Airport (MIT), USA
10. Big Bell Airport (BBE), Australia
The plain scariest...
1. Mafia Airport (MFA), Tanzania
2. Slave Lake Airport (YZH), Canada
3. Asbestos Hill Airport (YAF), Canada
4. Desolation Sound Airport (YDS) Canada
5. Crooked Island Airport (CRI), Canada
6. Deception Airport (YGY), Canada
7. Battle Mountain Airport (BAM), USA
8. Rifle Airport (IRD), USA
9. Cue Airport (CWT), Australia
10. Danger Bay Airport (DGB), USA
And finally, a little fun with IATA Airport Codes:
1. DIK – Dickinson Airport, USA
2. NOB – Nosara Beach Airport, Costa Rica
3. KOK – Kokkola/Pietarsaari Kruunupyy Airport, Finland
4. BOG – Bogotá Airport, Columbia
5. BUM – Butler Airport, USA
6. PEE – Perm Airport, Russia
7. POO – Pocos De Caldas Airport, Brazil
8. SEX – Sembach Airport, Germany
9. FAT – Fresno Yosemite Airport, USA
10. DOH – Doha Airport, Qatar
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 4 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 5 Why Arsène Wenger must spend to put icing on the cake and buy likes of Stevan Jovetic for Arsenal
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£450 - £500 per annum: Progressive Recruitment: BI Developer (SQL Server 2008,...
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...