World's funniest airport names revealed
Thursday 18 June 2009
From Batman to Brest, Fukui to Fort Dix, Skyscanner has scoured its database of over 10,000 airports and picked the funniest airport names in the world.
1. Batman Airport (BAL) Turkey
2. Useless Loop Airport (USL), Australia
3. Black Tickle Airport (YBI), Canada
4. Beaver Creek Airport (YXP), Canada
5. Moron Airport (OZP), Spain
6. Ogle Airport (OGL), Guyana
8. Eek Airport (EEK), USA
9. Pickle Lake Airport (YPJ), Canada
10. Deadhorse Airport (SCC), USA
The rudest (warning - language may offend):
1. Fukui Airport (FKJ), Japan
2. Pratt Airport (PTT), USA
3. Ponce Airport (PSE), Puerto Rico
4. Fort Dix Airport (WRI), USA
5. Gaylord Airport (GLR), USA
6. Fak Fak Airport (FKQ), Indonesia
7. Brest Airport (BES), France
8. Dang Airport (DNP), Nepal
9. Shafter Airport (MIT), USA
10. Big Bell Airport (BBE), Australia
The plain scariest...
1. Mafia Airport (MFA), Tanzania
2. Slave Lake Airport (YZH), Canada
3. Asbestos Hill Airport (YAF), Canada
4. Desolation Sound Airport (YDS) Canada
5. Crooked Island Airport (CRI), Canada
6. Deception Airport (YGY), Canada
7. Battle Mountain Airport (BAM), USA
8. Rifle Airport (IRD), USA
9. Cue Airport (CWT), Australia
10. Danger Bay Airport (DGB), USA
And finally, a little fun with IATA Airport Codes:
1. DIK – Dickinson Airport, USA
2. NOB – Nosara Beach Airport, Costa Rica
3. KOK – Kokkola/Pietarsaari Kruunupyy Airport, Finland
4. BOG – Bogotá Airport, Columbia
5. BUM – Butler Airport, USA
6. PEE – Perm Airport, Russia
7. POO – Pocos De Caldas Airport, Brazil
8. SEX – Sembach Airport, Germany
9. FAT – Fresno Yosemite Airport, USA
10. DOH – Doha Airport, Qatar
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 Muslim women's rights campaigner writes heartfelt letter to girls thinking of joining Isis
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
Ukraine crisis: 'One miscalculation, and Britain faces an existential threat to our whole being...'
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...
£15000 - £19200 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Processing Partner is require...
£34000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This specialist travel agent ba...