World's funniest airport names revealed
Thursday 18 June 2009
From Batman to Brest, Fukui to Fort Dix, Skyscanner has scoured its database of over 10,000 airports and picked the funniest airport names in the world.
1. Batman Airport (BAL) Turkey
2. Useless Loop Airport (USL), Australia
3. Black Tickle Airport (YBI), Canada
4. Beaver Creek Airport (YXP), Canada
5. Moron Airport (OZP), Spain
6. Ogle Airport (OGL), Guyana
8. Eek Airport (EEK), USA
9. Pickle Lake Airport (YPJ), Canada
10. Deadhorse Airport (SCC), USA
The rudest (warning - language may offend):
1. Fukui Airport (FKJ), Japan
2. Pratt Airport (PTT), USA
3. Ponce Airport (PSE), Puerto Rico
4. Fort Dix Airport (WRI), USA
5. Gaylord Airport (GLR), USA
6. Fak Fak Airport (FKQ), Indonesia
7. Brest Airport (BES), France
8. Dang Airport (DNP), Nepal
9. Shafter Airport (MIT), USA
10. Big Bell Airport (BBE), Australia
The plain scariest...
1. Mafia Airport (MFA), Tanzania
2. Slave Lake Airport (YZH), Canada
3. Asbestos Hill Airport (YAF), Canada
4. Desolation Sound Airport (YDS) Canada
5. Crooked Island Airport (CRI), Canada
6. Deception Airport (YGY), Canada
7. Battle Mountain Airport (BAM), USA
8. Rifle Airport (IRD), USA
9. Cue Airport (CWT), Australia
10. Danger Bay Airport (DGB), USA
And finally, a little fun with IATA Airport Codes:
1. DIK – Dickinson Airport, USA
2. NOB – Nosara Beach Airport, Costa Rica
3. KOK – Kokkola/Pietarsaari Kruunupyy Airport, Finland
4. BOG – Bogotá Airport, Columbia
5. BUM – Butler Airport, USA
6. PEE – Perm Airport, Russia
7. POO – Pocos De Caldas Airport, Brazil
8. SEX – Sembach Airport, Germany
9. FAT – Fresno Yosemite Airport, USA
10. DOH – Doha Airport, Qatar
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 4 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 5 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...