Saturday 12 February 1994
A reader (who wished to remain anonymous) says that she travelled on a boat called the Europa, run by the Silja Line between Stockholm and Helsinki, which had a McDonald's on board. And Danny Robins of Romford writes with this McNugget of information: a paddleboat on the Mississippi in St Louis claims to be the only floating McDonald's in the world.
Another reader writes to ask: 'What's the difference between a bag of seasick and a . . .' Unfortunately, the famous McLitigiousness of the hamburger company compels me to terminate this humorous aside.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...