South Tyrol is Italy’s most northerly province. Its breathtaking, mountain-dominated vistas are home to the jaw-droppingly pretty UNESCO-listed Dolomites - and oodles of great skiing.
Full of quaint but hip Alpine-Mediterranean towns and villages, from the provincial capital Bolzano to the spa town Merano, not forgetting the rather swanky Alta Badia valley, which can pull in the likes of George Clooney, Elle Macpherson and Tom Cruise.
Home to eighty 3,000m peaks, as well as the Dolomiti Superski and Ortler Skiarena, South Tyrol is every winter sport enthusiast’s dream resort. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, perfectly groomed ski runs and majestic mountain scenery.
There are excellent downhill and cross-country options for skiers and snowboarders of all levels, and for less experienced snow bunnies, South Tyrol has 63 ski schools. After a day on the slopes, skiers and snowboarders can enjoy après ski fun in cosy log huts or drop in at events organised on and off the slopes. With only two per cent of visitors coming from the UK, South Tyrol is a secret ski spot, waiting to be discovered, so this is definitely the place to come to escape crowded slopes and lift queues.
If this sounds good to you, The Independent has some excellent news: you could win a seven-night trip for two, staying at a Crystal chalet in Selva Val Gardena on a chalet-board basis. Departing on either the 17 or 24 March 2011, the prize includes flights and transfers. To win, all you have to do is answer the question below
Terms and conditions
- Prize is for Winter 2011/12, departing on either 17.03.12 or 24.03.12
- Prize cannot be combined with any other offer and is subject to availability and change
- Accommodation will be either the Chalet Salvan or Chalet Vanadis 1 or 2 - to be confirmed subject to availability at time of booking. Flights and transfers will be arranged and details supplied prior to departure (no refund will be given if transfers are purchased locally)
- Entry into the draw will be automatic upon completion and submission of the entry form
- No purchase necessary
- All entries must be received by Friday 25 November 2011. The closing date has been extended for a week due to the technical problems the website has recently been experiencing.
- Entry is open to all UK residents over 18 years of age, except employees of the TUI Travel Plc Group of Companies, third parties involved in this promotion and their relatives
- Only one entry permitted per person
- The prize is non transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash
- The winner is required to have adequate travel insurance for the duration of their holiday
- The winner will be selected at random and will be notified on 21 November 2011
- The winner, as a condition of receiving the prize, may be required to participate in any ensuing publicity or promotion on behalf of TUI Ski or partners
- The Independent's usual terms and conditions apply