1. All aboard for Meet Your Navy at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard in Hampshire today. Meet the crews on serving vessels, watch firing displays, demonstrations and drills, and catch the Red Arrows' derring-do ( historicdockyard.co.uk).
2. Thousands of items of memorabilia collected over the past 40 years give a unique insight into the past century at Oakham Treasures, a quirky new museum just opened near Bristol. One section offers the history of retail, with a range of fully stocked and equipped stores, while the other has a collection of vintage tractors and farm equipment ( oakhamtreasures.co.uk).
3. Your kids ever asked why our bodies are so sweaty and snotty? Until 4 September they can find out at interactive science attraction The Look Out Discovery Centre in Bracknell, Berkshire. Its new gory show for families, Yucky You and Gross Goo, will run four times daily throughout the summer ( bracknell-forest.gov.uk).
4. The biggest street arts festival in the UK returns to the North-east from Wednesday until Sunday. Stockton International Riverside Festival features a programme of outdoor theatre, entertainment, music, circus and dance events performed by artists from around the globe ( sirf.co.uk).
5. Cardiff comes alive as the annual Mas Carnival takes to the streets on Saturday from 2pm. A cavalcade of hundreds of massive masks, mobile sculptures and giant puppets will make its way from Cardiff Bay to the city centre, with lots of family entertainment along the way ( cardiff-festival.com).Reuse content