1. Exterminate! Twelve Daleks will invade the Fleet Air Arm Museum in Somerset today, between 10am and 5.30pm, led by the Black Dalek and flanked by Cybermen and Ice Warriors. Children are encouraged to come in fancy dress for An Audience with a Dalek ( fleetairarm.com).
2. Piping Live! takes over Glasgow from tomorrow, with a programme of events culminating in the World Pipe Band Championships on Saturday ( seeglasgow.com/piping).
3. Kids who fancy themselves as nature detectives should head to Mount Stewart House, Garden & Temple of the Winds in County Down on Saturday for one of its Beetles, Butterflies and Bamboos wildlife walks ( nationaltrust.org.uk).
4. Burghley House in Lincolnshire hosts its Family Carnival on Saturday in the beautiful surroundings of its Historical Garden of Surprises ( burghley.co.uk).
5. The skies above Eastbourne will be alive with aerobatics from Thursday until Sunday, when Airbourne, the biggest seafront airshow in Europe, puts on displays from the Red Arrows and freefall parachutists ( eastbourneairshow.com).Reuse content