1. Kite-flyers from around the world will be gathering for the final day of the Bristol International Festival of Kites and Air Creations today. Head to Ashton Court for a free day of flying fun, where highlights include 'Blue Peter' presenters competing in Japanese kite-fighting battles ( visitbristol.co.uk).
2. Plans rained off? Head indoors to the National Museum of Scotland in the heart of Edinburgh's old town today, where you can join in with an afternoon of traditional games, courtesy of Big Top Glasgow, from 12.45pm ( nms.ac.uk).
3. If you're hankering to know the history of hops, then from tomorrow to Friday the Hop Farm Family Park in Kent is holding its annual Hop Festival. An interactive museum tells the story of hop-farming, but there'll also be traditional entertainment ( thehopfarm.co.uk).
4. Get the family fit on foot by taking one of the 22 routes organised as part of the North Oxfordshire Walking Festival, which takes place from Friday to Sunday. Themed events include poetry walks and Roman rambles ( visitnorthoxfordshire.com).
5. It's all hands on deck at the Merseyside Maritime Museum, Liverpool, on Saturday for a free Maritime Skills session ( liverpoolmuseums.org.uk).Reuse content