Around the UK
Sunday 06 January 2008
1. Today is your last chance to experience Doctor Who Up Close at the National Space Centre in Leicester (spacecentre.co.uk). Fans can get face-to-face with a Cyberman and explore the Doctor Who Adventures Interactive Zone.
2. Get out and about on a Wetland Discovery Boat Safari at the Arundel Wetland Centre in West Sussex (wwt.org.uk). Between 11am and 3.30pm climb aboard to discover what wildlife ventures out of the reedbeds. Free with entrance fee.
3. Explore the Sea Floor via an interactive exhibition, opening on Tuesday at Kew Bridge Steam Museum in Middlesex (kbsm.org). Based on sea-bed mapping of the Outer Bristol Channel, kids can become marine scientists, explore a virtual sea world and meet the creatures that live there.
4. Find out how astronomers measure the distance of stars and galaxies at a planetarium show at Mills Observatory, Dundee, on Friday (dundeecity.gov.uk/mills/main.htm). The evening event is suitable for children over the age of seven.
5. Children can be movie directors at the Creativity Lab workshop at W5 in Belfast on Saturday. They can make an animated DVD to take home (028-9046 7700; w5online.co.uk). Book in advance.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Green village to be bulldozed and mined for lignite in Germany's quest for non-nuclear fuel
- 4 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- 5 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...