1. Today is your last chance to experience Doctor Who Up Close at the National Space Centre in Leicester (spacecentre.co.uk). Fans can get face-to-face with a Cyberman and explore the Doctor Who Adventures Interactive Zone.
2. Get out and about on a Wetland Discovery Boat Safari at the Arundel Wetland Centre in West Sussex (wwt.org.uk). Between 11am and 3.30pm climb aboard to discover what wildlife ventures out of the reedbeds. Free with entrance fee.
3. Explore the Sea Floor via an interactive exhibition, opening on Tuesday at Kew Bridge Steam Museum in Middlesex (kbsm.org). Based on sea-bed mapping of the Outer Bristol Channel, kids can become marine scientists, explore a virtual sea world and meet the creatures that live there.
4. Find out how astronomers measure the distance of stars and galaxies at a planetarium show at Mills Observatory, Dundee, on Friday (dundeecity.gov.uk/mills/main.htm). The evening event is suitable for children over the age of seven.
5. Children can be movie directors at the Creativity Lab workshop at W5 in Belfast on Saturday. They can make an animated DVD to take home (028-9046 7700; w5online.co.uk). Book in advance.Reuse content