1. The Mournes Walks by Paddy Dillon
Walks in the Northern Irish Mourne mountains that take in the rugged coast and beautiful forest parks.
2. The Inn Way... to the English Lake District by Mark Reid
This takes you on a 90-mile circular journey around the Lake District over seven days and 44 pubs.
3. The Big Walks of the North by David Bathurst
Split into the 10 long-distance footpaths, which are, in turn, split down into manageable day walks.
4. Britain's Best Coastal Walks by Andrew McCloy
Let Andrew McCloy take you on a trek along the 15 best coastal walks in England, Wales and Scotland.
5. Wildlife Walks by Malcolm Tait
This beautifully produced, top-notch guide spans 500 of the Wildlife Trusts' nature reserves.
6. The Most Amazing Places to Walk in Britain by Readers Digest
200 of Britain's best walks, each with a memorable landscape, off-kilter attraction or unbeatable view.
7. Walking The Dog by Lezli Rees
Perfect for anyone with children or car-sick pooches, as it is composed exclusively of walks within five minutes of motorway exits.
8. A Coast to Coast Walk by Alfred Wainwright/Chris Jesty
The newly revised version of Alfred Wainwright's pocket-sized guide to his 190-mile coast to coast walk.
9. The Bluffer's Guide to Hiking by Simon Whaley
You'll find lots to interest and amuse in this light-hearted guide to the world of walking.
10. History Walks in Britain by AA Publishing
The starting point for each of the 50 themed walks in this book is a historic trail or building.