The 10 Best walking guides
1. The Mournes Walks by Paddy Dillon
Walks in the Northern Irish Mourne mountains that take in the rugged coast and beautiful forest parks.
2. The Inn Way... to the English Lake District by Mark Reid
This takes you on a 90-mile circular journey around the Lake District over seven days and 44 pubs.
3. The Big Walks of the North by David Bathurst
Split into the 10 long-distance footpaths, which are, in turn, split down into manageable day walks.
4. Britain's Best Coastal Walks by Andrew McCloy
Let Andrew McCloy take you on a trek along the 15 best coastal walks in England, Wales and Scotland.
5. Wildlife Walks by Malcolm Tait
This beautifully produced, top-notch guide spans 500 of the Wildlife Trusts' nature reserves.
6. The Most Amazing Places to Walk in Britain by Readers Digest
200 of Britain's best walks, each with a memorable landscape, off-kilter attraction or unbeatable view.
7. Walking The Dog by Lezli Rees
Perfect for anyone with children or car-sick pooches, as it is composed exclusively of walks within five minutes of motorway exits.
8. A Coast to Coast Walk by Alfred Wainwright/Chris Jesty
The newly revised version of Alfred Wainwright's pocket-sized guide to his 190-mile coast to coast walk.
9. The Bluffer's Guide to Hiking by Simon Whaley
You'll find lots to interest and amuse in this light-hearted guide to the world of walking.
10. History Walks in Britain by AA Publishing
The starting point for each of the 50 themed walks in this book is a historic trail or building.
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 4 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 5 Why Arsène Wenger must spend to put icing on the cake and buy likes of Stevan Jovetic for Arsenal
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£450 - £500 per annum: Progressive Recruitment: BI Developer (SQL Server 2008,...
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...