Cultural life: Jessie Ware, singer
'May We Be Forgiven is really kind of dark, modern fiction – it's great'
I'm listening to the new Arctic Monkeys album, the new Chelsea Wolfe album and I'm going to get the Darkstar album. I've been listening to Foals. I'm really happy they're up for a Mercury. I'm listening to London Grammar a lot.
My Kindle is broken so I'm back to reading books. At the moment I'm reading a book by A.M. Homes called May We Be Forgiven, which is really kind of dark, modern fiction – it's great. I recently read Heft which was a really great book by Liz Moore.
I'm trying to catch up on Top Boy. I loved the first series - it's just brilliant, really gritty and I think Ashley Walters is amazing. I started watching Missing and thought it was great.
I went to Postmodernism: Style and Subversion at the V&A - that really inspired my first album. Even the double bun I had was definitely inspired by the music part of that exhibition. I love the V&A.
I recently went to see the new Punch Drunk performance The Drowned Man: A Hollywood Fable and that was epic. I remember watching one of their earlier productions when they did The Tempest and it changed my experience of theatre totally. My mum has bought me tickets for Chimerica, which she's had booked for ages.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Arts & Ents blogs
YouTube star Rebecca Black is back with Saturday (it's a sequel to Friday, see?)
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
X Factor 2013: Luke Friend wins place in final as Rough Copy sent home
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >