Listen here: Terry Callier- The Windmill Hill Sessions
Massive Attack release 'mixtape' of recordings with Terry Callier
The band pay tribute to the recently deceased singer-songwriter described as 'largely overlooked' in his lifetime despite his unique talent
Too often when a singer dies there’s a rush to go through the vaults and release any old rubbish just to cash in. This is the very opposite…
A lovingly compiled mixtape made up of songs and moments from the recording sessions 3D of Massive Attack conducted with the singer-songwriter Terry Callier in 2005.
“I took the liberty of stripping them back to a more personal space and cut in alternative vocals and chuckles, in an attempt to share a little of the spirit of the great man,” says the Massive Attack man.
Terry Callier died in October. This is a fitting tribute (and free) tribute to his unique talent.
film Sex scene trailer sees a shirtless Jamie Dornan turn up the heat
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account