Listen here: Terry Callier- The Windmill Hill Sessions
Massive Attack release 'mixtape' of recordings with Terry Callier
The band pay tribute to the recently deceased singer-songwriter described as 'largely overlooked' in his lifetime despite his unique talent
Too often when a singer dies there’s a rush to go through the vaults and release any old rubbish just to cash in. This is the very opposite…
A lovingly compiled mixtape made up of songs and moments from the recording sessions 3D of Massive Attack conducted with the singer-songwriter Terry Callier in 2005.
“I took the liberty of stripping them back to a more personal space and cut in alternative vocals and chuckles, in an attempt to share a little of the spirit of the great man,” says the Massive Attack man.
Terry Callier died in October. This is a fitting tribute (and free) tribute to his unique talent.
Auction house to give away $1m masterpiece in charity raffle - and tickets are only $100 each
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
Beatles rush out 'bootleg' album to defy EU copyright law
Harvey Weinstein reveals his secret weapon on-set
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- < Previous
- Next >