My Reading & Leeds: Mona
Wednesday 24 August 2011
It’s Reading Festival’s 50th anniversary this year – will you be doing anything to celebrate?
Nothing... Oh wait! I'm gonna play music at Reading.
Have you played Reading and Leeds before?
No. Oh wait! Once. When I was a kid. I helped wheel out Kurt Cobain when he pulled the wheelchair bit.
What are you most looking forward to about the weekend?
The human beings
Were you a festival-goer before you started playing them? Do you have any best/worst experiences?
I did bonnaroo and Coachella. I usually prefer going to club shows better. My friend Jared and I got arrested at a festival for stealing golf carts. They didn't believe that he was headlining so we sat in the mud drunk until it got sorted
Who would be your ideal headliner?
What are your festival survival tips?
Water water water then whatever else you do doesn't really matter.
If we don’t catch you at Reading and Leeds, where can we see you next?
02 Shepherds Bush Empire 28th October
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >