The Word On... 50 Words For Snow, Kate Bush
Friday 25 November 2011
"'50 Words for Snow' is a success not only because it's so challengingly bold and peculiar, but because it repackages Bush's usual idiosyncrasies in an entirely new form." slantmagazine.com
"These tracks are sparse but airtight, haunting but unrelentingly gorgeous, both logical successors to the stunning second half of 'Aerial' and completely unlike anything she's done. In other words, business as usual for one of the most singularly captivating and influential talents in rock history." onethirtybpm.com
"For its glacial pace, tight vision, long running time and extreme track length (seven tracks in 65 minutes) it's a surprisingly accessible work. It's absorbing and enchanting without having to resort to formulaic song structures, pop thrills or radio-friendly catchiness." musicomh.com
Arts & Ents blogs
I’ve not heard many bands that had quite the same kick as Pendulum did. Their unbelievable fusion of...
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
- 1 Asteroid nine times the size of the QE2 liner to sail pass Earth
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 British business: We need to stay in the EU - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.