Album: 7 Worlds Collide, The Sun Came Out, (Columbia)
Neil Finn, Liam Finn, Johnny Marr, Jeff Tweedy, assorted Radioheaders and, er, KT Tunstall... All proceeds to Oxfam... What could go wrong? Not much, actually, and Finn Sr's charity project is indeed worthy and occasionally wonderful.
So there's little to be gained from pointing out that most of these acts have made better records and no point whatsoever in concluding that these performers do bittersweet better than the sunshine pop on show here. Decent cause, decent record. What more do you want?
Arts & Ents blogs
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
It’s hard not to feel sorry for doe-eyed Andy. He spends months pining after Louise, has huge nostr...
Fragility of life looms large over an episode that closes with the scarring on Julie's stomach. Whil...
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria