Album: 7 Worlds Collide, The Sun Came Out, (Columbia)
Sunday 30 August 2009
Neil Finn, Liam Finn, Johnny Marr, Jeff Tweedy, assorted Radioheaders and, er, KT Tunstall... All proceeds to Oxfam... What could go wrong? Not much, actually, and Finn Sr's charity project is indeed worthy and occasionally wonderful.
So there's little to be gained from pointing out that most of these acts have made better records and no point whatsoever in concluding that these performers do bittersweet better than the sunshine pop on show here. Decent cause, decent record. What more do you want?
Arts & Ents blogs
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Sir Elton John lashes out at Russia’s anti-gay laws in Moscow show
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
Grace Dent on TV: Imagine – Who’s Afraid of Machiavelli?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >