Album: Green Day, 21st Century Breakdown, (Reprise)
Sunday 17 May 2009
How to follow a 12-million-selling phenomenon like
For these power-poppers, the answer is, record another "punk-rock opera" for the Ritalin generation – this time in the shape of an 18-track concept album in three acts.
Never mind about that, though: what we actually have here is more Guitar Hero-friendly rock with just the right amount of sweary angst to prove credentials remain intact. What are Green Day against? What are they for? Impossible to say, but that won't concern the tatooed teen army.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter