Album: Harper Simon, Harper Simon (Pias)
Sunday 04 April 2010
He is Paul's son, and for about half the songs here there can be no mistaking the lineage.
The other half, it could be Elliott Smith's younger brother. Either way, this is light and breezy singer-songwriter fare, unafraid to take on stylistic challenges, played by musicians old enough to be his grandfather (including Mike Leech, who played on Elvis's "Suspicious Minds" and Hargus Robbins who played on Patsy's "Walkin' After Midnight"). More Liam Finn than Ziggy Marley, this one could go the distance.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Arts & Ents blogs
Fifty Shades of Grey movie: Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson pictured in first scenes
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >