Album: Jeff Buckley, So Real: Songs From.., (Sony BMG)
Sunday 25 January 2009
First released to mark the 10th anniversary of Jeff Buckley's death in 2007 and now dusted down in the light of "Hallelujah", the question is: does anyone need this?
Answer "yes" if all you know is that Christmas No 2. Answer "maybe" if you have the non "Legacy" edition of 'Grace'. And answer "no" if you are merely curious about the one truly unreleased track here: a so-so cover of the Smiths' "I Know It's Over". Was Buckley really as good as he seemed? Again, the answer is yes, no and maybe.
Pick of the album: 'Grace' still brings out the goose bumps
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >