Album: Jeff Buckley, So Real: Songs From.., (Sony BMG)
Sunday 25 January 2009
First released to mark the 10th anniversary of Jeff Buckley's death in 2007 and now dusted down in the light of "Hallelujah", the question is: does anyone need this?
Answer "yes" if all you know is that Christmas No 2. Answer "maybe" if you have the non "Legacy" edition of 'Grace'. And answer "no" if you are merely curious about the one truly unreleased track here: a so-so cover of the Smiths' "I Know It's Over". Was Buckley really as good as he seemed? Again, the answer is yes, no and maybe.
Pick of the album: 'Grace' still brings out the goose bumps
MusicThe band accidentally called Londoners the C-word
Film 'I've never been comfortable on-screen', she says
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict