1. What was historic about the occasion on 9 June 1975 when Tony Benn answered questions in the House of Commons?
2. In 1903 Maurice Garin became the first man to win what?
3. Which magazine, founded in 1953, was originally going to be called Stag Party?
4. La Rochefoucauld is best known as an exponent of which literary form?
5. In the New York version of Monopoly, which alliterative location is the equivalent of Mayfair?
6. Which book publishing imprint has a logo comprising an apple with a bite taken out of it?
7. The singer Mathangi Arulpragasam has had gold discs in both the US and the UK. How is she better known?
8. Which London street has been, at various times, home to three British prime ministers – Lord Palmerston, Earl Grey, and William Gladstone – as well as the German ambassador Joachim von Ribbentrop (below)?
9. In 2014, Natal, Curitiba and Recife will be among the places doing what?
10. "It has been an utter fiasco, and what is worse, they laughed." Which composer after the premiere of which opera at La Fenice in March 1853?Reuse content