The Saturday quiz
From the blogs
There are more empty shops on our high streets than ever before, says another report into the state ...
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
1. In 2001 the US passed an act "uniting and strengthening America by providing appropriate tools required to intercept and obstruct terrorism". How is the act usually referred to?
2. Which campaign group is named after the 19th-century president of the National Union of Women's Suffrage Societies?
3. In 1993, which TV first featured Anna Friel and Nicola Stephenson?
4. Where does a day last 24 hours 39 minutes and 35.244 seconds?
5. Tate Modern occupies a building that was previously called what?
6. "The Kentucky Derby Is Decadent and Depraved", dating from 1970, is often cited as the first example of what sort of writing?
7. The Shard of Glass; The Buggles; 1981 portrait of the Princess of Wales. What's the connection?
8. Mildendo is the capital of a fictional island in which classic 18th-century novel?
9. The first such attraction appeared at the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago. Now there are more than 30 worldwide. What?
10. "I'd have loved to dress Kate Middleton but I have to wait until she kind of catches up a bit somewhere with style". Said who?
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness Ingrid Loyau-Kennett gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.