Two US chains are hoping to take a big bite out of Britain's £2.8bn posh-beef-in-a-bun market
Owen Paterson calls on government, industry and scientists to join forces to convert the public in the face of widespread fear and scepticism
Middle-class problems: Restaurant menus
Des McDonald's name is legendary in the food business – the legends in question being Midas and Croesus. When Nick Lander published The Art of the Restaurateur last year, McDonald was one of its stars. An Irish baker's son, he opened two restaurants in the City of London by the age of 22 and become executive chef of Caprice Holdings, founded by Chris Corbin and Jeremy King, the chaps who triumphantly revamped The Ivy, Scotts of Mayfair, Le Caprice and J Sheekey.
The 10 Best new smartphones
Microsoft drops controversial Xbox One DRM pre-owned game and connection policies following outcry from gamers
End the scepticism! Environment Secretary Owen Paterson urges UK to adopt use of GM crop technology
Stripes set to be big for Dolce and Gabbana as fashion designers get 20 months in prison for tax evasion
Study claims ‘inner peace’ can help pupils to cope with exams
- 1 ‘Hello, NME? I’d like to complain about your Tom Odell review. Why? I’m his dad’
- 2 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 3 Exclusive: Newcastle United's star talent-spotter Graham Carr on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout at St James' Park
- 4 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats
- 5 From charmer to bully: My encounter with Charles Saatchi
iJobs Food & Drink
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...