Who do you think has spent more of their lives in restaurants? A professional chef? Egon Ronay? If you consider the proportion of days-in-a-life spent in the realms of the menu, the man above is a contender.
At £10 for a gram, it’s a pricey spice, but more and more home cooks are forking out for it, discovers Anthea Gerrie
Only the finest flakes will do for the likes of Heston and Ferran – not to mention the makers of posh chocolate bars. Samuel Muston goes in search of the white stuff
It is more often associated with a teenager’s first curious sips of alcohol or as a sugary lubricant at school discos up and down the country, so Smirnoff Ice’s presence at a high society wedding at the weekend was a curious one.
Few people know more about restaurants than James Pembroke, who only spent five mealtimes at home during his entire childhood. John Walsh finds out what he learnt
Could this former stained-glass factory become a theatreland favourite, asks Amol Rajan.
Living with Google Glass: what are they actually like to wear?
Microsoft's Xbox One: Have the price (£399) and release date (30 November) been leaked by online retailer Zavvi?
Splint made by 3D printer used to save baby’s life
The 10 Best road-trip gadgets
Xbox One vs PlayStation 4: Why Microsoft's console name game just doesn't add up
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.