A hotel where the bar is so sweet
The chocolate usually appears on the pillows in your hotel room, but at The Cavendish Hotel on London's Jermyn Street it is the hotel room.
As a sort of pre-Easter hymn to our favourite sweet treat, one guest checking in on 26 March will be offered the keys to room 205 which, with the help of students from Westminster Kingsway School of Hospitality, will be turned into something in which Willy Wonka might have laid his head after a hard day at the factory.
Instead of paper "DO NOT DISTURB" signs, there will be a version made of Callebaut chocolate. Toothbrushes as well, for one day only, will be made of chocolate. Likewise the lamps (sans bulbs, presumably). So far, so delicious. However, cast your eye further down the marketing bumf (the room hasn't been built yet) and you can't help getting the feeling that things might just go a little awry with a, err, chocolate bed, sheets and slippers.
Life & Style blogs
Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
Health warning over 88,000 foreign doctors working in the NHS
Childhood bullying 'can lead to depression and unemployment in adulthood'
Baby catches deadly meningitis infection from cat
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...