A hotel where the bar is so sweet
The chocolate usually appears on the pillows in your hotel room, but at The Cavendish Hotel on London's Jermyn Street it is the hotel room.
As a sort of pre-Easter hymn to our favourite sweet treat, one guest checking in on 26 March will be offered the keys to room 205 which, with the help of students from Westminster Kingsway School of Hospitality, will be turned into something in which Willy Wonka might have laid his head after a hard day at the factory.
Instead of paper "DO NOT DISTURB" signs, there will be a version made of Callebaut chocolate. Toothbrushes as well, for one day only, will be made of chocolate. Likewise the lamps (sans bulbs, presumably). So far, so delicious. However, cast your eye further down the marketing bumf (the room hasn't been built yet) and you can't help getting the feeling that things might just go a little awry with a, err, chocolate bed, sheets and slippers.
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
Use of 'anonymous' search engine rockets following PRISM scandal
The 10 Best sports sunglasses
Apps: A poke in the eye for social-network friends
Bollywood star, Shahrukh Khan, accused of choosing sex of baby
Name and shame! Truth must come out vows Jeremy Hunt after report reveals baby deaths NHS cover-up
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
iJobs Food & Drink
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...