The 10 Best Luxury chocolates
Pimp your edible presents by giving flavours from spicy wasabi to Eton Mess... and a pistachio praline to die for
1. Bettys Piedmont Hazelnut Pralines
The Yorkshire cakery's festive offering includes delicate hazelnut pralines – nutty with a caramelised crunchy wafer through the middle.
2. Pierre Hermé Chocolat au Macaron
Addictive half macaron, half chocolate. The revered patisserie chef has combined his two great loves to create a box of dainty bonbons.
3. Rococo Popping Champagne Truffles
A Valrhona chocolate base has been mixed with champagne and studded with exploding candy to create a mini-party for your tastebuds.
4. Pierre Marcolini Praline
Pierre Marcolini's Christmas shell pralines are a thing of wonder. If you happen to find a box in your stocking, go straight for the creamy pistachio flavour – sublime.
5. Lauden Fresh Mint Chocolates
After Eights may have gone out with John Major, but the concept lives on. The mint here is fresh, and the chocolate has over 65 per cent cocoa.
6. Gorvett and Stone Mixed
This Oxford-based chocolatier puts an eccentric spin on traditional British chocs. Their mixed box is best with a healthy quota of G&S's tastebud-tickling Eton Mess.
7. Godiva Christmas
If it's good enough for the King of Belgium it's good enough for us. The Royal Warrant holder's chocolates are milky as you like, with myriad delicious centres.
8. Charbonnel et Walker Rose & Violet Creams
For some, the royal chocolatier's rose and violet creams taste like granny's old Estée Lauder, for others they are manna from heaven.
9. Montezuma Christmas Truffle
These are rich but hard to beat, with a mix of milk chocolate mandarin caramels, a moreish vanilla creation and an espresso truffle.
10. William Curley Couture
The Richmond-based chocolatier's box of weird and wonderful creations include apricot and wasabi, Japanese black vinegar, and thyme and muscovado caramel.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat got rid of the Best Friends feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Food secrets: the good, the bad...and the faeces
Pot of gold: tasting the world’s most expensive tea
Taylor Swift’s Twitter and Instagram accounts hacked, apparently by Lizard Squad
Selfie-obsessed men may be narcissistic psychopaths, study finds
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...