Maria Sharapova held a press conference this evening to deliver a "major announcement" and reveal that she failed a regulation drug test at the Australian Open earlier this year after testing positive for Meldoniun, a substance that was banned on 1 January 2016 that she admits to taking unaware it had been outlawed.
- Maria Sharapova reveals she has failed a drug test
- Sharapova accepts "full responsibility" for taking banned substance meldonium
- Russian has taken drug since 2006 but it was only banned on 1 January 2016
- Sharapova didn't check updated Wada banned substances list
- Positive test came on same day as her Australian Open quarter-final loss to Serena Williams
- Sharapova facing up to a two-year ban
- What is meldonium and what does it do?
Follow the latest news from the press conference below...