Carol King-Eckersley tells of her 'double tragedy' after deciding to track down her only child, put up for adoption 45 years ago
Abdel Basset Al-Megrahi
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 21 August 2009
It is quite clear to the medical experts that Al-Megrahi has a terminal illness, and indeed that there has recently been a significant deterioration in his health... It therefore falls to me to decide whether he should be released on compassionate grounds.
Tuesday 28 April 2009
Libyan Abdel Basset al-Megrahi launched a second appeal today to try to reverse his conviction for the 1988 bombing of a US airliner over the Scottish town of Lockerbie, killing 270 people.
Sunday 21 December 2008
A former Lockerbie priest has provoked anger among relatives of victims of the Pan Am Flight 103 bombing by accepting an invitation to speak at a ceremony to mark the 20th anniversary of the tragedy in the US today.
Tuesday 25 August 1998
Monday 17 August 1998
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality
- 1 Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
- 2 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 3 A-level results 2015: UK exam board OCR admits it 'estimates' hundreds of pupils' grades after papers 'go missing'
- 4 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks busy Dublin road
- 5 'Cool kids' can go on to become losers in later life, study finds