From lamb vindaloo to lust, here are a few unusual ways that might keep colds at bay...
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 18 July 2008
Tiffinbites, the City's favourite Indian restaurant chain, nearly doubled its size yesterday with the £4.4m purchase of the Bombay Bicycle Club (BBC), rated by Gordon Ramsay as the best takeaway in London.
Monday 02 June 2008
A range of Indian wines is being launched in Britain in an attempt to conquer curry lovers' taste buds with blends designed to complement fiery food.
Wednesday 21 May 2008
Friday 16 May 2008
Friday 02 May 2008
Sunday 27 April 2008
Sunday 13 April 2008
Saturday 08 March 2008
Let's apply the chilling exam phrase "compare and contrast" to two recently re-issued cookbooks, which I shall temporarily cloak in anonymity. Book A recommends that "the store cupboard can be stocked with treasures", such as Heinz Tomato Frito and English Provender Very Lazy Caramelised Onions. Book B takes a similar tack, though with some reluctance: "There will be times and places when and where you will be obliged to fall back upon Messrs. Crosse and Blackwell and be thankful. Until those evil days come upon you, however, do not anticipate your penance." Book A briskly tells us to "cook the linguine in 2.25 litres boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes". Book B tackles the same process with metaphor and imagination: "An occasional bubble is what you want, with gentle motion, the water muttering to you, not jabbering and fussing, as it does when boiling." Book A is currently No.1 in the Amazon UK sales ranking, while Book B is No. 582,453.
Saturday 19 January 2008
Jeremy Warner's Outlook: Poor performance and high pay is rightly proving a deadly combination for US bosses
Thursday 04 January 2007
Friday 04 November 2005
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding