Ministers are reportedly reviewing laws that would allow fracking to be carried out underneath houses without the permission of the owners.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 22 July 2010
For decades, the high-stepping, border closing ceremony at Wagah-Attari has been an opportunity for both Indian and Pakistani soldiers to put on their most aggressive, intimidating display of martial rigour.
Friday 16 July 2010
Saturday 10 July 2010
Sunday 04 July 2010
Friday 25 June 2010
Saturday 19 June 2010
Saturday 12 June 2010
Sunday 06 June 2010
Tuesday 01 June 2010
Tuesday 01 June 2010
Monday 24 May 2010
Israel yesterday kicked off a massive five-day civil defence exercise aimed at testing the Jewish state's preparedness for rocket and chemical attacks. Israeli officials sought to reassure Syria and Lebanon that it has no plans to launch an attack.
Thursday 13 May 2010
The chairman of a congressional subcommittee said yesterday that it had uncovered significant problems with the device that was supposed to cut the oil flow after BP's oil rig exploded, creating a massive unchecked spill.
Friday 07 May 2010
Thursday 06 May 2010
Friday 30 April 2010
A commanding officer killed in hostile terrain in Afghanistan insisted on travelling in an exposed position in the lead vehicle of a routine patrol to inspire his men, an inquest heard today.
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist