A former activist in the radical Islamic group Hizb ut-Tahrir has been chosen to fight a marginal parliamentary seat for the Liberal Democrats.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 01 May 1996
Thursday 07 March 1996
Wednesday 13 December 1995
Sunday 10 December 1995
Sunday 19 November 1995
Wednesday 23 August 1995
Thursday 13 July 1995
Saturday 27 May 1995
Wednesday 05 April 1995
As Britain's unemployment rate slides below 9 per cent, businesses are crying out for highly skilled workers. But the Government's pet scheme for trai ning the jobless is a shambles.
Sunday 15 January 1995
Monday 27 June 1994
Law: Small shops win lease of life: Sharon Wallach reports on a battle to amend the Sunday trading law
Friday 04 March 1994
Friday 25 February 1994
Inside Parliament: Tories mass ranks to defend armed forces: Rifkind announces cuts in miltary hardware - Benefits for young single mothers under fire - Labour attacks 'vandalism' of pit closures
Tuesday 06 July 1993
Friday 18 June 1993
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders