Jamie Lloyd has become the youngest director to break into The Stage 100 power list since Sam Mendes.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 11 June 2006
Friday 14 October 2005
Monday 02 May 2005
Wednesday 02 February 2005
Friday 09 July 2004
It's a fact seldom remarked on that the two women are never seen alone together in Harold Pinter's 1971 three-hander Old Times. Why? Is it because an all-female conversation would blow the whole brilliant, artificial construction to bits? Would any private talk between them give the lie to the exaggeration in the play's fundamental idea: that the past can be reinvented at will according to the needs of the present moment and that "memories" are merely weapons in a deadly battle over current contested territory?
Monday 05 July 2004
With the strangulated upper-class English drawl that is his trademark, Edward Fox will not be everybody's idea of a Bostonian of Lithuanian-Jewish extraction. He last appeared in the West End playing Harold Macmillan, for God's sake.
Tuesday 23 September 2003
Monday 25 August 2003
Monday 14 July 2003
Wednesday 09 October 2002
Monday 26 August 2002
Wednesday 14 August 2002
Monday 08 May 2000
Sunday 19 December 1999
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Britain’s five richest families worth as much as poorest 20 per cent, says Oxfam
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Did jetliner fly into area controlled by Taliban? Net widens after claims final satellite signal could have been sent from the ground
- 4 Nasa-funded study warns of ‘collapse of civilisation’ in coming decades
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers