In January 1966, a 17-year-old model, Lesley Hornby, had her hair cut short by celebrity Mayfair stylist Leonard – and Twiggy and her gamine crop went on to become an icon of the Swinging Sixties.
High School Teacher
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 29 May 2011
Saturday 28 May 2011
Universities and colleges should brace themselves for a lengthy period of strike action over the threat to lecturers' pensions, a union leader warns today.
Friday 20 May 2011
Set in the damp Fife countryside, Sue Peebles's suprisingly perky debut, given the subject matter, explores the impact of a father's stroke on his family.
Monday 16 May 2011
Friday 06 May 2011
Dominic West, star of hit US drama The Wire, takes on the iconic title role of the rapier-tongued lecturer in a major revival of Simon Gray’s play Butley, from 1 June to 27 August.
Tuesday 12 April 2011
The 150,000-strong Association of Teachers and Lecturers is planning a series of strikes this summer in protest at plans to cut pensions.
Thursday 24 March 2011
Lecturers at 500 universities and colleges across the UK will take part in the first nationwide strike for five years today in a worsening row over pay and pensions.
Tuesday 22 March 2011
Thousands of university lecturers will go on strike today in a protest about changes to their pensions scheme.
Saturday 12 March 2011
Parents who set up the Government's flagship free schools would be guaranteed places under new admissions proposals being considered by ministers.
Friday 11 March 2011
Saturday 26 February 2011
Universities Secretary David Willetts provoked fury last night when he revealed that students studying privately would be given access to Government loans and grants.
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do