Chancellor has demanded £11.5bn in spending reductions, with most Whitehall departments required to find savings of up to 10%
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 19 March 2010
Thursday 18 March 2010
Wednesday 17 March 2010
Tuesday 02 March 2010
Britain's public sector deficit is "a dark black cloud" holding back the economy, Tory leader David Cameron warned today.
Monday 01 March 2010
Conservative plans to slash inheritance tax would effectively abolish the tax "for practical purposes", shows research by the leading accountants, Grant Thornton, for The Independent. In the proposals by the shadow chancellor George Osborne, unveiled in 2007, the threshold would be raised from the present £325,000 to £1m.
Saturday 20 February 2010
The longest serving external member of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee is to step down.
Tuesday 02 February 2010
Thursday 21 January 2010
Thursday 17 December 2009
Tuesday 08 December 2009
Tory moderates have attacked climate change sceptics as “flat-earthers” and urged David Cameron to show Churchillian leadership on the issue if he becomes prime minister.
Saturday 24 October 2009
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'