Support is growing for a national name change. But would ‘Czechia’ really do the trick?
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 06 June 2006
Sunday 28 May 2006
Friends with Money is Desperate Housewives with the make-up scraped off. There are no fugitives chained up in basements or bodies buried under swimming pools, but there are four female friends who aren't sure, with middle-age looming, if their lives are everything they should have been. Catherine Keener co-writes screenplays with her husband, but can hardly bear to live with him any more, let alone collaborate with him. Joan Cusack and her husband have so much money that they literally don't know what to do with it. Frances McDormand is prone to furious outbursts at anyone who steals her parking space. And Jennifer Aniston, having quit her teaching job, works as a maid when she's not stalking a married ex-boyfriend.
Saturday 27 May 2006
Q. I am 26, a bond trader, earn a good income and live within my means. I live in rented accommodation and have no debts and several thousand pounds in savings. But during my late teens and early twenties I frequently went overdrawn. I also had a joint mortgage with Nationwide for a year and was sometimes late making payment. I split with my partner and the mortgage was repaid in full.
Sunday 21 May 2006
Wednesday 10 August 2005
Saturday 15 January 2005
An English accent is an expensive thing to have in Prague, as the city's campaigning mayor discovered when he posed as a tourist - and ended up paying six times the normal taxi fare.
Friday 10 December 2004
Thursday 02 December 2004
Prague to Baghdad: how 'old Trots' became the new tankies
Friday 06 August 2004
Thursday 29 April 2004
Friday 10 October 2003
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial