The first 45 minutes of this eschatological thriller-farce features some of the best work director Edgar Wright and co-screenwriter Simon Pegg have done. The film completes a loose trilogy begun with the excellent Shaun of the Dead (2004) and continued in the so-so Hot Fuzz (2007).
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 05 September 2010
Tuesday 20 July 2010
Wednesday 07 July 2010
Saturday 19 June 2010
Sunday 30 May 2010
For a school to achieve "outstanding" status, there presumably has to be something outstanding about the way it is run. The coalition proposes to "fix" what is so categorically not broken (everything else is, apparently) by converting such schools to academies. In doing so, it will place them under the control of "sponsor"-heavy governing bodies, thus ensuring that any other voices can always be outvoted, and removing democratic accountability through local authorities.
Thursday 27 May 2010
Monday 01 March 2010
Tuesday 16 February 2010
Sunday 31 January 2010
The average UK temperature in the first week of January was -2.1 degrees, and things haven't improved that much since. In such extreme weather conditions, the last thing you want to do is leave your house in the evening. Battling your way into work and back is hazardous enough, so why risk going out to a restaurant?
Last Night's Television: Sun, Sex and Holiday Madness, BBC3<br/>History of Now: the story of the noughties, BBC2<br/>Jimmy's Global Harvest, BBC2
Friday 08 January 2010
Last Night's Television - History of Now: the Story of the Noughties, BBC2; Hannah: the Girl Who Said No To A New Heart, BBC1
Wednesday 06 January 2010
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial