Sir Elton John has become the recipient of the first Brits Icon award after being presented with honour by Rod Stewart at a special concert at the London Palladium.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 14 October 1996
Sunday 22 September 1996
Friday 08 March 1996
Wednesday 24 January 1996
Tuesday 28 November 1995
Friday 28 April 1995
Monday 23 May 1994
Tuesday 15 December 1992
Notebook: Many are called but few are chosen: The editor of the new Oxford Dictionary of Quotations on the ones that made it and the ones that got away
Sunday 18 October 1992
Kirstie Allsopp has waded into the female fertility debate again
Former Tory donor Arron Banks ups his Ukip donation to £1million following William Hague 'nobody' comment
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 35,000 walrus gather on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 4 Brad Pitt, on the moment he completely lost his temper with Clint Eastwood's son
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'