Food Of The Week: Hot tables on cool slopes
Sunday 28 October 2007
Just because you've donned your skiwear doesn't mean you have to abandon your gastronomic aspirations.
Double Michelin-starred chef Jean-Pierre Jacob's 12-course menu at Le Bâteau Ivre, Hotel La Pomme de Pin, Les Chenus, Courchevel (00 33 4 79 08 3688; pommedepin.com), has original dishes such as oxtail consommé with profiterole, pineapple and truffle sorbet.
Treats await diners who track down The Bunker, Cow Lane, Queenstown (00 64 3 441 8030; thebunker. co.nz), such as hare loin on apple risotto and wilted spinach with quince compote.
'Ski Canada Magazine' named Mer & Monts, Le Massif, Charlevoix, Quebec (001 418 632 5876; lemassif. com), "best on-mountain eating in eastern Canada" for dishes such as veal steak with Roquefort and olives.
There's tuna teriyaki with rice and coriander cream, and sushi at Netsu Sushi Bar, Rue de Médran 5, Verbier, Switzerland (00 41 27 771 62 72; hotelgarbo.com).
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she "lied" to husband about failed drugs tests
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...