'Decline in high street spend coupled with rising costs has led to increased financial pressures'
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Saturday 14 February 2009
In the 1970s, the actor Richard Coleman was one of the best-known faces on television, starring with Wendy Craig in two archetypal sitcoms of domestic mayhem.
Monday 08 December 2008
The late Yves Saint Laurent famously said that he wished he had invented denim. As that has been the staple fabric of the modern wardrobe, both for men and women, from the 1970s to this day, it is easy to see why. This also goes some way towards explaining the collaboration between the Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz and the Swedish purveyor of probably the finest denim in the world just now, Acne. The results, due in store and online later this month, are as covetable as might be expected.
Sunday 30 November 2008
Sunday 17 August 2008
Wednesday 21 May 2008
Monday 11 February 2008
It's London Fashion Week, and, for those who aren't privileged enough to witness the proceedings first hand, there follows a cut-out-and-keep guide to any media hype, reasons to be cheerful – or, indeed, miserable – and, of course, top tips (sartorial) that may be of interest. And all from the safety of your own home.
Thursday 07 February 2008
Monday 05 February 2007
It is difficult to imagine the post-Hogmanay hangover month of January without Celtic Connections, Glasgow's festival of traditional/ roots music. Launched 14 years ago, the festival has silenced doubting Scottish soothsayers by becoming one of the biggest events of its kind in Europe, with more than 1,000 artists and 300 events in 12 city venues.
Saturday 12 February 2005
Saturday 21 August 2004
Sunday 25 April 1999
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert