Declan Kidney finished down on his luck in the 2013 Six Nations: three defeats and a draw followed the solitary opening-day victory over Wales in Cardiff. Now, he is finished as Ireland coach. The 53-year-old former maths teacher from County Cork was shown the door by his governing body – a development widely predicted by Emerald Isle rugby experts after last month's excruciating loss to Italy in Rome, in which the Munsterman got his sums badly wrong.
Benicio Del Toro
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 19 November 1996
Thursday 24 August 1995
Sunday 19 March 1995
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 'He was always smiling': Lee Rigby named as Woolwich victim
- 3 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 4 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.