Pictures have emerged that show the Arsenal midfielder holding a cigarette outside a nightclub
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 09 December 2011
The three great names in British drug development for the past half century had the euphonious names of Jack, Black and Vane; and while Sir David Jack was the only one not to win a Nobel Prize this was largely due to chance, as his discoveries were equal to those of Sir James Black and Sir John Vane. Jack's contribution, with his team, was to develop the first inhaled asthma medicine, salbutamol (Ventolin). It relieved the wheezing of asthma almost instantaneously by going straight to the lungs, and only atiny dose was needed as it was not dispersed around the rest of the body. Previously, patients had to take ephedrine or similar compounds, wait up to half an hour for the drug to be absorbed, and put up with several hours of the tremors and palpitations that were the inevitable side-effects.
Friday 29 April 2011
No one should doubt the gravity of the ruling by one of the eight advocates general to the European Union's Court of Justice on the issue of stem cells. It looks set to kill off a fledgling bioscience discipline that could revolutionise medicine in the 21st century.
Friday 08 May 2009
Lord Mandelson was attacked for not doing enough to support UK bioscience yesterday, including by the author of a Business Department-commissioned report on the sector.
Tuesday 03 February 2009
Tuesday 08 April 2008
Sunday 15 January 2006
Monday 07 November 2005
Thursday 03 November 2005
Wednesday 02 November 2005
Tuesday 01 November 2005
Monday 31 October 2005
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Syrian rebels consider joining forces with regime troops to fight al-Qa’ida
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert