A high time with the eco-terrorists
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 09 July 2010
No Greater Love, Michael Whyte, 100 mins, (PG)<br/>The Infidel, Josh Appignanesi, 105 mins, (15)<br/>Whip It, Drew Barrymore, 111 mins, (12A)
Sunday 11 April 2010
Friday 09 April 2010
Impossible to dislike Drew Barrymore's directorial debut or Ellen Page's feisty teen heroine, though as a comedy about a minority sport it doesn't have the hectic energy and laughs of Dodgeball, the standard by which I judge all such movies.
Thursday 01 April 2010
Go on, admit it. Are you too thin-skinned to take criticism at work?
Friday 26 June 2009
Friday 31 October 2008
Monday 15 September 2008
Friday 16 May 2008
Some smart lines, at any rate, and fine performances from Dennis Quaid, as a crotchety widowed professor (borrowing a gut and a rolling, flat-footed walk from brother Randy), Ellen Page as his precocious, preppy daughter, and Thomas Haden Church as his freeloading slob of a brother, who turns out to be surprisingly dependable.
Sunday 11 May 2008
Friday 09 May 2008
Before Ellen Page hit the bigtime with Juno she starred in this slightly mangy drama about a teenager trying to find herself on the hippie trail in Europe.
Friday 11 April 2008
Hard Candy: we're supposed to read the title as a self-congratulatory pun on Madonna herself, a sweet soft centre in a crisp hardbody shell; but there's another, more telling pun here, reflecting how a once diverse talent has ossified into simply satisfying the sweet tooth of functional dance-pop.
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial