Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 01 January 2009
It is no mean feat for a band to carry off a performance in which their best-known song has been covered in prolific fashion by the insouciant Amy Winehouse. But nonetheless, and without a touch of humility, The Zuton's flex their considerable indie muscle and deliver material from their three successful albums in a fashion worthy of the term inimitable.
Tuesday 16 December 2008
Sunday 16 November 2008
Wednesday 05 November 2008
If comedy is supposedly going to err towards the risk-averse in the post-Brand/post-Ross BBC era: then cometh the hour, cometh Michael McIntyre.
Wednesday 29 October 2008
Sunday 11 May 2008
Sunday 20 April 2008
Tuesday 15 April 2008
Friday 11 April 2008
Neil Young, Hammersmith Apollo, London<br />Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, Pressure Point, Brighton
Sunday 23 March 2008
Tuesday 26 February 2008
Wednesday 16 January 2008
It was the Zeppelin that did it. The Russian National Dance Show includes scenes of Russian life through the ages, sometimes achieving berserk levels of kitsch. The Soviet era, which forms the first-act finale, includes Young Pioneers jiving to a synthesiser arrangement of "Back in the USSR". An astronaut partners a ballerina. Then a remote-controlled Zeppelin appears. There was a gasp from a woman behind me: "It's coming straight for us!"
Thursday 10 February 2005
Thursday 10 February 2005
Monday 07 February 2005
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'