You might assume that the participants in the BBC4 documentary God's Cadets: Joining the Salvation Army would all be classic "lark" types, but there was a greater variety of personality than expected in this 90-minute film. It followed the pious, but not pompous "cadets" who had given up their lives to enter into two years of intensive officer training at the William Booth College in south London.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 14 July 1994
Wednesday 13 July 1994
Thursday 09 June 1994
Tuesday 31 May 1994
Thursday 28 April 1994
Police forge ties with left to fight the crack trade: Clampdown puts squeeze on drug dealing and prostitution at King's Cross. Ian MacKinnon reports
Wednesday 16 February 1994
Wednesday 26 January 1994
Monday 17 January 1994
Monday 20 December 1993
Friday 03 December 1993
Saturday 13 November 1993
Confusion fear on BR franchise line: Government hails range of fares on Gatwick route as passengers' gain. Martin Whitfield reports
Friday 01 October 1993
Wednesday 28 July 1993
Sunday 09 May 1993
Thursday 06 May 1993
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'