Wilf Carter was Plymouth Argyle’s sharpshooter-in-chief for six seasons early in the second half of the 20th century, his goals a key factor in the Pilgrims lifting the first championship of the newly constituted Third Division in 1958-59.
Plymouth Argyle FC
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 24 June 2010
Peter Reid has returned to football management after being confirmed as the new boss of League One side Plymouth.
Saturday 05 June 2010
France 0-1 China
Sunday 16 May 2010
Tuesday 20 April 2010
Newcastle manager Chris Hughton heaped praise on the club's players and fans after a regulation 2-0 win over condemned Plymouth saw them crowned Coca-Cola Championship champions last night.
Wednesday 14 April 2010
Tuesday 06 April 2010
Chris Brunt's dramatic 95th-minute equaliser for West Bromwich Albion cancelled out Danny Graham's stunning late strike to ensure that the promotion-chasing visitors and relegation-threatened Watford shared the spoils yesterday at Vicarage Road.
Tuesday 16 March 2010
Monday 15 March 2010
The Prime Minister hailed the man famed for his dazzling oratory and fiery debating skills - but who nevertheless led his party to electoral disaster in 1983 - as "one of the greatest parliamentarians ever".
Wednesday 10 March 2010
Saturday 06 March 2010
Friday 05 March 2010
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant