Towards the end of this illuminating book, Larry Siedentop describes a fourteenth century battle between two Christian monastic orders. The Dominicans and the Franciscans were mendicant orders, begging monks who had abandoned the comforts of the cloisters to preach among the poor.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 19 June 2005
Saturday 07 May 2005
Monday 04 April 2005
Sunday 03 April 2005
Friday 07 January 2005
Saturday 01 January 2005
Friday 26 November 2004
Sunday 10 October 2004
Saturday 03 July 2004
Saturday 17 April 2004
Saturday 14 February 2004
Friday 14 November 2003
Friday 24 October 2003
Thursday 14 August 2003
Thursday 05 June 2003
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Ed Miliband less influential than One Direction's Louis Tomlinson by official Doncaster power list
- 3 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for