You have to applaud the restlessness and drive of a talent such as JTE's. At its best (see Harlem River Blues), the results are a beguiling blend of demon-driven countryfied rock-gospel and Earle could easily have stuck in that groove/rut.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 27 February 2009
Have you heard the one about Joe Biden, America's new Vice-President? It is something of an online favourite at the moment. During a television appearance, he urged viewers to visit a new US government website, and then sheepishly admitted he had forgotten "the website number". Apparently, he thought that one used the internet by dialling up numbers, rather like a telephone. Not since George Bush referred to "the Google" has there been such merriment.
Monday 28 July 2008
Hiram Bullock was a talented and charismatic guitarist, a rock'n'roller with a jazz head who bridged the world of sophisticated pop and the avant-garde New York jazz scene.
Sunday 29 June 2008
The four great Van albums are ‘Astral Weeks’, ‘Moondance’, ‘Veedon Fleece’ and … this one. It is a little-regarded thing from the height of Morrison’s rapturous period in the Eighties and it is utterly beautiful.
Sunday 13 April 2008
Sunday 23 March 2008
In many ways, Counting Crows suffer from a Stateside version of the Supergrass syndrome.
Friday 07 March 2008
Bert Berns was the crossover king of early-Sixties R&B pop.
Sunday 03 February 2008
Monday 23 May 2005
Friday 13 May 2005
Saturday 05 February 2005
Wednesday 12 November 2003
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail