The Eurythmics star told the girls to 'ham up' their individual personalities
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 08 April 2011
Tuesday 15 March 2011
"Women of the world, take over," the whimsical Scots bard Ivor Cutler once urged, his advice taken last Friday at a concert featuring women performers from different strata of the musical spectrum.
Monday 07 March 2011
Sunday 06 March 2011
Tuesday 01 March 2011
Grace Jones's unconventionality obviously extends to her choice of maternity wear.
Friday 28 January 2011
Half-a-million MySpace hits is one modern route to the Cinderella story. It let Birmingham's Clare Maguire sign to a major label at the once unremarkable age of 20. Then she was led through music's corridors of power, drinking with Jay-Z, squired by Rick Rubin to Leonard Cohen's rehearsals, offered a song by an enchanted Jarvis Cocker. Tentatively pushed in 2010, her album (with Ellie Goulding's producer) is finally due next month.
Sunday 16 January 2011
Saturday 01 January 2011
It's pretty embarrassing to admit, but whenever I read the New Year Honours list, there's always a part of me that hopes that – due to a massive clerical cock-up – my name will somehow appear.
Friday 31 December 2010
Sunday 19 December 2010
Annie Lennox hoarsely bellowing the very bleakest of carols with all the warmth of a stern Victorian materfamilias?
Thursday 04 November 2010
Monday 23 August 2010
Annie Lennox has quit her record label after 30 years to launch an assault on the charts for the Christmas number one.
Sunday 16 May 2010
Sunday 28 February 2010
Friday 12 February 2010
Sales of the tablet are set to fall again, say analysts
Met Police confirm there was a 'minor disturbance' and that no-one was arrested
George Lucas criticises the major Hollywood film studios
Does Chris Grayling realise what a vague concept he is dealing with?
- 1 Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies after injuring spine doing somersault celebration
- 2 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming that the street artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 5 Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'