The Duke of Cambridge joined the musicians on stage for the finale
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 27 June 2008
There can't be many UK folk singers who can shift 100,000 copies of an album, as Seth Lakeman did with 2006's Freedom Fields – and judging by the tenor of Poor Man's Heaven, Lakeman may be only as temporarily beholden to the notoriously purist folk scene as Bob Dylan was in 1965.
Monday 02 June 2008
Rock 'n' roll pioneer Bo Diddley, who made hit songs powered by the relentless "Bo Diddley beat" that influenced rockers from Buddy Holly to U2, died today at the age of 79.
Saturday 31 May 2008
Thursday 31 August 2006
Monday 31 May 1999
Sunday 23 May 1999
Saturday 16 January 1999
Tuesday 12 May 1998
Sunday 28 December 1997
Sunday 28 September 1997
Sunday 10 November 1996
Sunday 08 September 1996
Saturday 30 December 1995
Monday 20 November 1995
Friday 28 July 1995
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe the Stark may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 5 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine