If this world-fusion outfit had opened their long-awaited new album with the ghastly third-rate funk-rock track that closes it, your reviewer would have instantly pressed the eject button and you wouldn’t be reading this.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 19 August 2012
Not, as you might anticipate given the title, one of the mixmaster's outpourings of noise-rage, but a quiet, meditative, even warm exploration of slooooow, in dub.
Sunday 27 May 2012
Trainer Aidan O'Brien maintains his stranglehold on this year's Classics and the best may be yet to come
Sunday 08 January 2012
It's the muted ring of steel drums that gives the game away that this 1976 re-release is of Caribbean rather than African provenance.
Thursday 31 March 2011
Friday 30 December 2005
Sunday 31 July 2005
Friday 06 May 2005
Friday 29 August 2003
Friday 08 August 2003
Friday 28 February 2003
Friday 23 August 2002
Monday 19 August 2002
Friday 11 April 1997
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
- 3 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating