If this world-fusion outfit had opened their long-awaited new album with the ghastly third-rate funk-rock track that closes it, your reviewer would have instantly pressed the eject button and you wouldn’t be reading this.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 19 August 2012
Not, as you might anticipate given the title, one of the mixmaster's outpourings of noise-rage, but a quiet, meditative, even warm exploration of slooooow, in dub.
Sunday 27 May 2012
Trainer Aidan O'Brien maintains his stranglehold on this year's Classics and the best may be yet to come
Sunday 08 January 2012
It's the muted ring of steel drums that gives the game away that this 1976 re-release is of Caribbean rather than African provenance.
Thursday 31 March 2011
Friday 30 December 2005
Sunday 31 July 2005
Friday 06 May 2005
Friday 29 August 2003
Friday 08 August 2003
Friday 28 February 2003
Friday 23 August 2002
Monday 19 August 2002
Friday 11 April 1997
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader