Chekhov is amongst that very rare breed of author who is a genius in two distinct forms – the play and the short story. Michael Frayn, not un-incidentally a fine translator of Chekhov, is another such.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 08 January 2009
Tuesday 06 January 2009
The Cordelia Dream, Wilton's Music Hall, London<br>Well, Apollo Shaftesbury, London<br>Mary Goes First, Orange Tree, Richmond
Sunday 04 January 2009
Sunday 16 November 2008
Tuesday 23 September 2008
Monday 28 April 2008
Tuesday 15 April 2008
On the strength of the play's title you could be forgiven for expecting a gory epic about the war in Afghanistan or Iraq. In reality, the French playwright Yasmina Reza's new drama is about a domestic kind of bloodletting: between husband and wife, man and woman.
Sunday 06 April 2008
Sunday 30 March 2008
Thursday 27 March 2008
Imagine a supremely awkward social situation and multiply it by 10. Not today's state meeting between President Bling-Bling and the Queen but the nightmarish scenario cooked up by Yasmina Reza in her new play.
Wednesday 26 March 2008
Sunday 16 March 2008
Tuesday 04 December 2007
Monday 29 November 2004
Sunday 23 March 1997
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Spiritual leader allegedly manipulated 400 men into removing testicles to be 'closer to God'