'The last film I went to see was Lincoln which I really enjoyed'
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 21 July 2009
Sunday 15 March 2009
Last week, YouTube shocked British web users with its decision to take down all professional music videos following its row with the Performing Rights Society. Lucky, then, there are DIY cover versions like these to watch instead...
Friday 24 October 2008
Tuesday 12 August 2008
Summer Sundae is an unfailingly hip festival that requires few stars to draw a crowd. Supergrass and The Coral pass for big pop here, likewise new reggae name Natty. Roisin Murphy dwarfs her thumping electro-rock with a head-banging sweater girl persona. Reverend and the Makers' Jon McClure is similarly hands-on in making his crude take on the Happy Mondays connect.
Tuesday 08 July 2008
Tuesday 17 June 2008
Friday 07 March 2008
Thursday 17 January 2008
Sunday 13 January 2008
Friday 04 January 2008
The first record I bought was...
Kind of Blue by Miles Davis. I remember hearing "So What" on the radio when I was just eight years old and my dad was driving us up to London one night in the rain. Around that time I had been getting more and more into playing around with scales and improvising on the piano, so I was just really struck by American jazz pianist Bill Evans' way with harmony.
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white