The Liverpool defender today announced he will retire at the end of the season
Tony Adams (footballer)
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 10 August 2009
A Sunday league footballer sat astride a rival player slapping him around the head as he lay dying following a post-match brawl, a court heard today.
Monday 29 June 2009
Blackburn have signed experienced Denmark defender Lars Jacobsen on a two-year deal.
Tuesday 03 February 2009
Newcastle have confirmed midfielder Nicky Butt has signed a contract extension, committing him to the club until the end of next season.
Friday 05 December 2008
America will not get over its segregation past anytime soon, so we have to suffer apologetic non-dramas like this, the story of a fleet-footed black footballer (Rob Brown) who hits the big time just as his racial conscience starts to bother him: "There's a war in this country, but it's not just on the football field." The screenplay is stewed in such pieties, served up as warm and homely as apple pie – only there's no taste to it. Dennis Quaid plays the coach, Mark Isham provides the drearily inspirational score, the audience is put to sleep.
Saturday 20 May 2006
Tony Blair has been accused of pouring water down the drain after figures showed Downing Street wastes thousands of gallons a year.
Monday 16 August 2004
Tuesday 16 March 2004
Micky Adams claimed his players will be "stupid" if they fail to heed the lessons of their ill–fated La Manga training camp.
Wednesday 17 November 1999
Wednesday 05 May 1999
Wednesday 10 March 1999
Wednesday 24 February 1999
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis