1. Under the 1971 Coinage Act, what's the maximum amount that can be paid using 1p or 2p coins?
Goody in 1964, during his trial at Aylesbury Assizes: the judge described the Robbery as ‘a crime of sordid violence inspired by vast greed’
Preposterous, a tad pretentious but oh so poignant
Do you know what an Arkansas Black is? Or what Belgian statistician Adolphe Quetelet devised?
Ezra was an enthusiastic contributor to energy debates in the House of Lords, and became its oldest sitting member
1. A US actress born in 1958, Lady Haden-Guest is better known by what name?
1. On television, which three words precede: New York, Miami, New Jersey, Atlanta, Beverly Hills, Orange County, Dallas, Melbourne and Cheshire?
Here are some of 2015's finest books to fire the imagination, engage the grey matter and invigorate the spirit over the festive period
1. Which singer was recently named by Forbes as the top-earning woman in pop between June 2014 and June 2015, with earnings of $135m?
Chris Maume on the transgender musical pioneer, 76 today
On her husband's behalf she fought record companies and set up the Zappa and Barkin Pumpkin labels, alongside a mail-order business
1. Which political party was founded in 1925, but didn't win a seat in the House of Commons until 1966?
Patti Smith's reflections reveal an inner life as rich and full as the outer
Apart from his well-regarded cricket journalism, he wrote several successful books including an account of the 1954-55 Australia tour, In the Eye of the Typhoon, and a highly praised autobiography